Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Mandatory Driver I.Q. Testing




I have come to believe that an I.Q. test of some sort should be part of all driver testing. The guy in these pictures is quite simply too stupid to be on the road.

As we were nearing home on I-75 in Florida we noticed that traffic was slowed down due to a state trooper driving in the right hand lane at the speed limit. I was surprised to see a Lexus sport utility drive right by him at about 10mph over the speed limit. I was not surprised to see the trooper pull in behind him. I assumed that he was running the plate before pulling him over.

In this case the Lexus driver got lucky. A caravan of three cars whose drivers were either more stupid or more unaware than the driver of the Lexus pulled up behind the trooper with the lead car about one foot off of the trooper's rear bumper! He would back off a few feet and then approach again. He started to change lanes to go around the officer but couldn't quite fit in front of the car in the middle lane.

The trooper flashed his lights but the driver still didn't seem to get a clue and continued to tail-gate him! At this point I guess the officer decided to get the guy behind him instead and let the Lexus go. The officer pulled into the middle lane and the tailgating car went right past him! Over the speed limit!

The trooper pulled in about one inch off of his bumper and pulled him over. The two braniacs who were following the guy guy getting the ticket pulled over right behind the trooper! I wish that I could have pulled over as well to see the exchange between them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home