Seven Sons
I've always been the kind of person who doesn't have a lot of friends but rather just a few really good ones. Unfortunately none of my good friends live anywhere near me! On this road trip I was able to visit with all of them.
When we left Jellystone we headed to Denver to see Tori (Vittorio) and Gail. Tori and I met in Denver when we were both valet parkers for The Brown Palace hotel. The job entailed long periods of sitting and waiting for a rush of people needing their cars when a party let out or some event or other ended. Tori and I would sit for hours on end discussing life, philosophy, politics and the pretty girls walking by (just kidding Lisa). ;) We also used to hang around with a guy named Roland Riley. Whenever we went to one of Roland's favorite bars after work you were usually searched for weapons. I have no idea what Roland is up to now but I hope he was able to start his own nightclub as he planned.
Tori married a girl that we met who worked in a club we would visit on occasion. She didn't like us at first because she thought we were talking about her. Well, we were! But only because Tori wanted to ask her out. He finally did and now they are married with three fine young boys.
Tori and I were roomates for a year or so. There are two things that stand out in my memory from that time. First, there were many times when I would end up chatting with someone on the phone who had asked to speak to Tori but said it rather quickly so that I thought they said Troy. :D The other thing I remember is Tori offering me some of his pasta dinner on many occasions where I didn't have the money to eat anything other than peanut butter sandwiches (sometimes I couldn't even afford the peanut butter!).
We stayed in Denver for two nights. The boys all had a fun time hanging out and playing sports in the street with Tori and Gail's boys. We all went out for ice cream one evening. We did all of our laundry and cleaned the Jellystone dirt off of Wyatt and Griffin.
I still find it hard to believe that we have seven sons in total.


When we left Jellystone we headed to Denver to see Tori (Vittorio) and Gail. Tori and I met in Denver when we were both valet parkers for The Brown Palace hotel. The job entailed long periods of sitting and waiting for a rush of people needing their cars when a party let out or some event or other ended. Tori and I would sit for hours on end discussing life, philosophy, politics and the pretty girls walking by (just kidding Lisa). ;) We also used to hang around with a guy named Roland Riley. Whenever we went to one of Roland's favorite bars after work you were usually searched for weapons. I have no idea what Roland is up to now but I hope he was able to start his own nightclub as he planned.
Tori married a girl that we met who worked in a club we would visit on occasion. She didn't like us at first because she thought we were talking about her. Well, we were! But only because Tori wanted to ask her out. He finally did and now they are married with three fine young boys.
Tori and I were roomates for a year or so. There are two things that stand out in my memory from that time. First, there were many times when I would end up chatting with someone on the phone who had asked to speak to Tori but said it rather quickly so that I thought they said Troy. :D The other thing I remember is Tori offering me some of his pasta dinner on many occasions where I didn't have the money to eat anything other than peanut butter sandwiches (sometimes I couldn't even afford the peanut butter!).
We stayed in Denver for two nights. The boys all had a fun time hanging out and playing sports in the street with Tori and Gail's boys. We all went out for ice cream one evening. We did all of our laundry and cleaned the Jellystone dirt off of Wyatt and Griffin.
I still find it hard to believe that we have seven sons in total.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home