Saturday, October 07, 2006

Jellystone!

I still cannot help but prefer to call Yellowstone by the Yogi Bear version, Jellystone. I must have been at least 16 by the time I realized that the national park was not actually called Jellystone! Whatever you call it the boys and I had a great time camping out. This was the first time that they spent the night in a tent. We did the traditional campout with a campfire, toasted marshmallows, s'mores, scary stories (love the pic of Griffin telling his!), and slept in sleeping bags.

Actually, I should say we slept in A sleeping bag! The scary stories had the boys too freaked out to sleep in their own bags. Wyatt kept seeing the shadows of the trees on the tent and thinking of the story I told about the Living Trees. EEK! Guess I did too good of a job on telling that one. I ended up zipping all three bags together to create one strangely shaped and somewhat uncomfortable cone shaped thingy that we all climbed into. The boys, being completely hyped up on toasted marshmallows, s'mores and a new experience, rolled and kicked all night long! LOL Still, it was a lot of fun.

We took a walk through many geysers and also had lunch at the absolutely amazing Old Faithful Lodge. We will definietly do the camping again on the next road trip.












1 Comments:

Blogger Ms O said...

That's funny! I thought it WAs called Jellystone! ;))

Lea

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home