Seattle & The Wooden Boat Festival
The first night in the Seattle area we stayed in a cute little beach cottage on Bainbridge Island. We had a good solid night's sleep in the comfortable bed before heading up to Port Townsend for The Wooden Boat Festival.
The boys did a good job of not complaining too much as their dad admired all of the wooden boats and plotted ways to convince Lisa to move to Port Townsend. They did enjoy the pirate play put on by a local theatre troup (especially the part about the Chinese water rat - but that's another story). They also enjoyed building their own minature wooden boats at a tent set up for junior boat builders. We were joined by my good freinds Ryan and Yuko on the second day.
On day two I ordered the supplies to build a wooden kayak that I've had my eye on for some time. They say it takes about 80 hours to build it. I figure 160. ;)
We stayed a few nights in a home that had a large yard and several fruit trees. I really enjoyed watching the boys run around and eat fresh fruit off of trees.
We also spent one night in a luxurious hotel with a view you would think was lifted straight from a painting. The boys enjoyed running around the little park by a large totem pole and playing with action figures by the water. They each posed for a picture in front of the pole while trying to imitate the eagle carved into it! lol















The boys did a good job of not complaining too much as their dad admired all of the wooden boats and plotted ways to convince Lisa to move to Port Townsend. They did enjoy the pirate play put on by a local theatre troup (especially the part about the Chinese water rat - but that's another story). They also enjoyed building their own minature wooden boats at a tent set up for junior boat builders. We were joined by my good freinds Ryan and Yuko on the second day.
On day two I ordered the supplies to build a wooden kayak that I've had my eye on for some time. They say it takes about 80 hours to build it. I figure 160. ;)
We stayed a few nights in a home that had a large yard and several fruit trees. I really enjoyed watching the boys run around and eat fresh fruit off of trees.
We also spent one night in a luxurious hotel with a view you would think was lifted straight from a painting. The boys enjoyed running around the little park by a large totem pole and playing with action figures by the water. They each posed for a picture in front of the pole while trying to imitate the eagle carved into it! lol

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home