The Good, the Bad and the Ugly




The Good: I took FTD (Fastest Time of the Day aka first place) in the street tire division at autocross today. I beat all but one of the race tire division as well.
The Bad: On my last run I over-estimated my driving skills, pushed it too hard, and went sideways in the slalom at about 50 mph. The bad part is that it was at the very end of the course and I slid sideways right over the timing gear which proceeded to fly into the air in many pieces. It did not slow me down as I continued off the track into the grass and kicked up a bunch of dirt. Luckily I was not sideways in relation to the side of the track so there was little chance of flipping.
The Ugly: You break it you buy it. Not sure yet, but I think I added about $150 to the cost of the day to replace the timing equipment.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home